Global One Defense Defensive Tactics and Tactical Instructor
- Graduated from Highland High School in 1975
- UNM 1980 Graduate - BA in Archaeology
- UNM 1986 Master’s – Public Administration with a Certificate in Criminal Justice Administration.
- Albuquerque Police Department – 1986 – Current
February 1987 as "top cadet".
- Served as a Detective, Sergeant, Lieutenant and Captain.
- Advocate and supporter of Community Based Policing.
- Started the APD/National Guard Task Force. I
- Co-founder of the Emergency Response Teams.
- Active in development of Drug Court and “Turning Point” which was a modified "Scared Straight Program."
- Established first full-time and permanent foot patrol unit since the 1970s in Albuquerque.
- Implemented "anti-drug/prostitution" programs and “knock and talks" and actively worked with Landlords to deal with tenants who were endangering the Community.
- As a Captain formed the Criminal Nuisance Abatement Team/ Safe City Strike Force.
- Co-founder of the Junior Police Academy
- FBI National Academy Graduate.
- Honored with a Proclamation from Albuquerque City Council achievements as a member of the Albuquerque Police Department.
- Serves as APD Officer at Highland High School as a School Resource Officer.
- At Highland High School: Assistant wrestling coach/Martial Arts Class Instructor and helps with the Outdoor Club.
- Has worked in the APD Cold Case Unit/APD Academy and Horse Mounted Unit.
- Active Shooter Instructor for schools and public and private entities. And dealing with shooters in the workplace and civilian response to an active shooter situation.
- Has advanced training in Crises Intervention and am a certified Crises Intervention Facilitator and is certified as a Reality Based Training Instructor by Ken Murray who is a pioneer in this field.
- Received an APD lifesaving award for saving a student's life at Highland High School and honored with a Red Cross Heroism award for saving the life of a hiker in the Sandia Mountains.
- Has black belts in both Judo and Karate and have taught numerous classes to kids as well as adults - Won the 2000 National Master’s Championship in Judo!
- I was appointed to the New Mexico Athletic Commission by the Governor's office in November of 2011.